Page approval within SharePoint

Mark Hasson December 23, 2022

I am looking for fora way to use the document approval feature of SharePoint for pages created or updated in confluence.  I have the connector, and can make the pages appear in SharePoint, however if you click a link on the confluence page you may go to another confluence page and leave SharePoint.

Right now, it looks like each page of Confluence would need to use the connector to insert in SharePoint. Even if that is done, once connected SharePoint is not aware when changes occur in confluence.  This means that I can't figure a flow for an automatic approval process.

1 answer

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2022

@Mark Hasson You can't directly use Sharepoint approvals for Confluence content.  For sharepoint, a Confluence page is just a link, and the content of such a link can change.

There are two possible workarounds I can think of:

1. Export a Confluence page to e.g. Word, and save and approve the page in Sharepoint.
  2. Use a Confluence addon like the Document Control addon we make, and approve pages directly in Confluence.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events