Page Properties Report shows double pages

Mathijs Mooij June 26, 2020

The Page Properties Report macro returns some (not all) pages within the filtered results two times. It looks like an older version is taken in as 'latest' besides the actual latest version of the page. 

We have seen this happening in two separate occasions. 

I have added a separate, fresh macro to the page and changed labels on the targeted pages returning the same results: double instants of some pages in the table returned by the Page Properties Report macro. 

I suspect that the pages that turn up twice in the table (with different versions) have some fault. I do not want to delete older versions of those pages to solve the problem though. 

Does anyone know what can be the problem? And more importantly: How to solve it?

(We are using version 7.3.5 of Confluence)

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Mathijs Mooij July 1, 2020

I found the cause of my problem: 

Somehow Confluence doubled the contents in the page with the page properties table when somebody made an update to the page. The page now contained two page properties tables, which caused the page properties report macro to return the page twice. 

So, my issue was not caused by the macro itself, but by Confluence saving the page previous and current version in the same page.

//M 

Esther Lansbergen October 27, 2020

Solved, thanks for sharing

Mathias Richter May 3, 2021

Same here: Page property reports looked strange, searching for a possible cause showed me this article, and Voila! Fixed! Thanks a lot for sharing!

Tetiana Tsakun March 14, 2022

Could you help to solve the doubling of pages in the report? What steps should be taken to resolve this? Thank you in advance.

Mathias Richter March 15, 2022

Hi Tatiana,

currently, some versions of Confluence have a bug, that content of pages is duplicated when you start editing a page. This also duplicates the Page Properties Macro at the page and leads to a duplicate entry of the page in a Page Properties Report. 

So you need to check if the content of a page is available twice on the page due to this bug. 

[CONFSERVER-59227] Duplicate content shown when editing a page - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

This is one (out of many) bug reports describing the issue. Please read through the last comments. There are still issues with duplicating content, as I understand it, but some of the possible causes are already fixed in the mentioned fix versions.

Like Tetiana Tsakun likes this
Tetiana Tsakun March 15, 2022

Thank you, Mathias! Your response is very helpful.

Like Mathias Richter likes this
0 votes
Liz D July 1, 2020

Ooh, found another new bug. 

On tables where I had them set up to be sorted by a particular column, they now have this error message:

Error while fetching Page Properties Report data

I've never had this problem before on tables that have been set up like that for ages. Something is breaking all of the useful features of Page Properties macros.

0 votes
Liz D July 1, 2020

-

0 votes
Liz D July 1, 2020

I am on Confluence Cloud and also experiencing this issue, as of a couple of days ago. It is happening for pretty much all of my Page Properties Report tables, as far as I've seen. The result is that some important pages don't make sense anymore.

I was just about to try reorganizing some team spaces based on Page Properties Reports, to reduce busywork by automating various parts of their documentation, and this disrupts that whole strategy.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with having multiple Page Properties macros on a page. I really hope it's something else, because I have a dozen custom templates featuring multiple Page Properties macros that would all be affected. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events