Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Page Properties Report not sorting first item in list; first item "sticky"

Recently I have had two different Page Properties Reports, calling from two different sets of pages, that don't sort properly. In each case, the first item in the list is "sticky" and stays in position even if the other column headings can be clicked on to sort the other items.

Each PPR specifies an initial sort by one of the columns. Then after the table generates, the user should be able to click on the column headings and sort by a different column. Here, they sort except for the first item in the list, which stays put.

At first I thought that page was damaged, so I rebuilt the PP macro on that page. But now the same thing is happening on a different set of pages. Has anyone seen this, or have any ideas on how to fix it?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Sep 03, 2021

@Michelle Rau 

Are you still having this issue?  Can you share a screenshot?

Hello @Brant Schroeder & @Michelle Rau ,

we still have the problem, despite the update to Confluence version 7.13.1.

In addition, since the update we also have a completely different problem with the "Page property report" macro, that the columns in the "Page property report" can no longer be sorted for some users. More on this in the separate community article "Sorting of columns in the" Page property report "macro no longer works for individual users".

But now, here are 2 screenshots of the problem described here, which show and confirm that the error is still up-to-date beyond the person reporting the problem:

Sorting in ascending order

Page property report - sorting ascending.png

Sorting in descending order

Page property report - sorting descending.png

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Dec 08, 2021

@Sebastian Spitzer I have created multiple test pages and have not been able to recreate the issue.  Can you check and make sure that the page does not have any odd characters in the workshop field by renaming it to see if that rectifies the issue.

Hi @Brant Schroeder , would explain "workshop field", please? 
I can't think of anything by that right now. I don't understand what you mean by that. Would you briefly explain it, or even donate a screenshot?
Thanks in advance!

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Dec 09, 2021

@Sebastian Spitzer The workshop field is in your page properties macro.  I was going off of the screenshot you shared.  I was suggesting that for the page with the Workshop: W17 CMS you change this or add something else there and see if that changes the sort.  You could even remove the page properties on that page and see if all the other pages sort.  I am wondering if it is something with that page. 

Ahh! Ok sorry I was already thinking about the properties and parameters of the macro. That it shows me workshop pages was out of my mind. ;-)

I tried the following:

  1. Macro "Page Properties Report" removed from page "W17 CMS" (to the cache) and page saved.
  2. "Workshop-Übersicht" page (without 'W17 CMS') sorted in ascending order
    Workshop-Übersicht ohne 'W17 CMS' aufsteigend sortiert 2021-12-10.png

  3. "Workshop-Übersicht" page (without 'W17 CMS') sorted in descending order
    Workshop-Übersicht ohne 'W17 CMS' absteigend sortiert 2021-12-10.png
    The problem is no longer reproducible!
  4. Macro "Page properties report" of page "W17 CMS" inserted from the clipboard again and page saved.
    The problem described above is reproducible again!
  5. Properties checked by the Page Properties Report macro. "Sort by" parameter checked.
    "Page properties report" macro - "Sort by" parameter is equal to "Termin" table column: 
    Makro 'Seiteneigenschaftenbericht' - Parameter 'Sortieren nach' ist gleich Tabellenspalte 'Termin'.png
  6. Page properties report macro - "Sort by" parameter changed to "<empty>" and saved: 
    Makro 'Seiteneigenschaftenbericht' - Parameter 'Sortieren nach' geändert auf 'empty'.png
  7. "Workshop-Übersicht" page (with 'W17 CMS') sorted in ascending order in the "Workshop" column.
    "Workshop-Übersicht" page (with 'W17 CMS') in the "Workshop" column then sorted in descending order. 
    The problem is no longer reproducible!
  8. "Workshop-Übersicht" page (with 'W17 CMS') sorted in ascending order in the "Termin" column: 
    'Workshop-Übersicht' nach 'Termin' aufsteigend sortiert.png
    "Workshop-Übersicht" page (with 'W17 CMS') in column "Termin" then sorted in descending order.
    'Workshop-Übersicht' nach 'Termin' absteigend sortiert.png
    The sorting is implausible, it is not chronological!

Problems identified:

  1. Although an attempt is made to sort by column "Workshop" in read mode, the "Sort by" parameter dominates in the properties of the macro.
    (This describes the real Issue in this post)
  2. The sorting of a macro "Page properties report" according to a column with the macro "Date" ('// dd-mm-yyyy') as content is incorrect or at least problematic.

What would the solution to this be?

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

41,613 views 28 130
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you