Page Properties Macro missing data for columns with @contributors

Laura Rampey October 30, 2019

In one of my team's pages where we collect feature documentation I have it setup to use a Page Properties with the following columns 

• Last Updated
  • Topic
  • Purpose
  • Contributors 

Everything is working except the Contributors column, it's just showing empty data when I actually publish the page but in the 'preview' it shows the correct data.

For reference, the contributors column is pulling the @contributors macro which just grabs the authors of the parent page + all children.

conf-2.pngconf-1.png

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2019

Hello @Laura Rampey,

Thank you for reporting this to us.  It appears that this is a known bug, which you can follow below:

• CONFCLOUD-54739 Page properties report broken when Contributors macro is used

By voting on the request, you'll be added to the list of watchers and be automatically updated in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Laura Rampey November 1, 2019

Thanks for the response Shannon! 

The Page Properties macro is widely used throughout my teams space. Is there any workaround or another macro that I'm not realizing that could pull up 'authors' of pages within another report as well as other columns?

It's not vital but it seems like a pretty core function that I would expect to work and it seems a bit strange it hasn't been fixed already

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2019

Hi Laura,

You can use the Contributors Macro separately; just reference the exact page/space you want to use to display the information.

Let me know if you have any trouble with that.

Regards,

Shannon

Laura Rampey November 6, 2019

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately since the Contributors is currently populates from the page properties report there is no way to insert this into every record retrieved by the report.

It's not vital for now but would have been nice. Each individual page will be able to display the contributors properly

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 6, 2019

Laura,

My suggestion is to use the Contributors Macro separately, not within the Page Properties report. You'd need to insert the macro separately in each page. This is the only way you can use this at the moment, until that bug is fixed.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events