Page Name - odd behavior

Dave_Harrington October 23, 2013

We're still using Confluence 4.2.4...

Occassionally, after creating a page, I've noticed that the URL appearing in the browser's address box does NOT show the page name, but a weird "viewpage.action.?pageID".

For example, on such a page the address appears as:

portal.fakename.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=15896528

Although, on most pages it looks like this:

portal.fakename.com/display/SpaceName/Reference+Info+-+Data Extracts

where the page space and name are explicitly displayed.

In addition, I've recently noticed that pages for which only the pageID is displayed DO NOT send notifications to watchers or to users referenced within the page.

Am I crazy or is this a known issue? Is there anyway to correct the page?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2013

Confluence changes the request to point to a pageID rather than using the usual RESTful request (of .../display/page_name) when page names have a special character in them, such as an apostrophe or ampersand.

The second part you mentioned, about not getting notifications on pages like this, sounds like a bug in the notification system.

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2013

Dave,

I can't tell you why this happens but it happens to us too. We're running download 4.3.7.

I'd not noticed the problems you've highlighted; I shall investigate.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events