Page History Versions don't properly show emojis

Jason Cooper
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 24, 2021

I noticed that when I look at a previous version of my page, the emojis we've reserved for statuses aren't displayed properly. This is everywhere on the page, but I've provided a small snippet to get the point across.

This is the current version

Confluence - Current.png

This is an example of any previous version from the "Page History"

Confluence - Previous Version.png

I can't imagine this is working as intended and the information here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Where-do-I-report-a-Bug-to-Atlassian/qaq-p/797944 claimed this was the appropriate manner in which to address this.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2021

Hi Jason,

Thank you for bringing this to us. Indeed, this is the right way to communicate these things. The issue with emoji is related to a known bug, linked below:

• CONFCLOUD-69596 Emojis are being shown as a blue star when reported via "Page Properties Report" Macro and Page History

Please click Vote for this issue since it helps us keep track of these occurrences. If you have any trouble voting, make sure you don't have to login again!

I hope this helps explain that behavior, but if you have any questions, please let me know.

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events