PDF rendered incorrect

Bruce Schlueter January 29, 2013

Hi all,

today we ran into a strange problem. We are running Confluence 4.3.2 and we have a number of large pptx files that were saved as PDFs. These PDFs were uploaded into different pages (one PDF per page) and we used the Office connector to display the PDFs directly. Now we noticed that in one PDF a page was shown that belongs to a different PDF. Downloading the PDF shows the correct page. So there seems to be a problem that occured while rendering the PDF. This happens on different workstations and different browsers, so that we believe the rendering job is only done once and the result is stored somewhere. Does anybody know of a possibility to rerender all objects? We have deleted all caches already without any change. What we have done for now is deleted the attachment and uploaded it again. This solved the problem for now but leaves a bad feeling that we might have information that is displayed to users who should not have the right to see this.

Does anybody know of this problem or knows a way to rerender PDFs? We believe that the upload may have been simultaneous from different clients.

Thanks for any input, Bruce

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

Hello Bruce,

I did a quick test of the problem you are describing, but was unable to replicate the behavior in my test environment. I uploaded 4 pdfs to 4 seperate pages. I embeded them in the pages using the viewpdf macro. Each of the PDF's were rendered on the correct page with the correct content.

This seems like a case in which you want to create a case on our support portal.

https://support.atlassian.com

Including a support.zip with you issue will give us a peek at what is going on behind the scenes with your instance. I might also suggest you upload the pdfs you are having trouble with. Issues created on our support portal remain completely private and there is no chance of sensetive data leaking to the public.

Bruce Schlueter January 30, 2013

Hi Daniel,

thanks for the response. I will open a ticket but the problem is we can not reproduce this ourselves. As I said we deleted the PDF and uploaded again and it was rendered correct. So it may be that we just run into a timing problem and hopefully not into a thread problem. We will deliver the logs etc and hope that support will find something inside. I saw many warnings concerning the PDF conversion and hopefully your support can provide an explanation.

regards Bruce

Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013

Bruce,

If you aren't able to reproduce it may have just been a transient issue. Support will be happy to review your logs for you. There may not be much that we are able to do for you as the issue is no longer appearing. I will keep an eye out for your support request and let you know what I find out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events