Oversized page. How to restore default viewing settings of Confluence, or another fix?

Krister Gustafsson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 3, 2023

Hi,

I'm using Confluence on the latest version of Chrome (I updated Chrome just now to see if that would fix this bug).

Problem:

I zoomed out in a confluence page. Since zooming back in, the text has increased in size but the dimensions of the whole page remain the same. It means that the tool and publish bar up the top of the page remains way off left and right into the margins. I have to scroll to the top of the page and then left quite far if I want to use the text tools, or far right if I want to hit "publish" or "edit".

Question:

Is there a way to restore the default viewing settings of Confluence?

Warm regards,

Krister

2 answers

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2023

Set the zoom level to "100%" in your browser, that's it.

Zooming happens in your browser, Confluence itself has nothing to do with it.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2023

Hi @Krister Gustafsson ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

If you zoom in all the items, including text, buttons and page layout will increase, so probably you need to scroll up and to the right in order to click publish or edit buttons. To restore the original view you need to zoom out. This is something that happens at client side and it can be managed by the application itself.

Fabio

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events