Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order attachment list on name

Hans Tubbax August 27, 2019

I have a file list that the files and I set that the files must be ordered by name.

When I look at the list it first orders the files on extension and then on the name.

e.g. xxx.ai comes before aaa.png

Why is this? and can this be overcome?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2019

Hello Hans,

Thank you for contacting us about this. I wanted to let you know that we have reported this behavior as a bug below:

According to documentation, when we select a parameter on the attachments macro, the sort must happen according to it. When we select the "Name" parameter, the sort order happens by file extension instead.

I'm sorry to tell you that there is not a workaround for the bug at this time. Please click This affects my team on the bug and you will automatically be added to the list of watchers and receive updates in the future. 

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Hans Tubbax September 9, 2019

Dear Shannon,

Thank you for your reply, but it really doesn't help.

The bug has been flagged more then a year ago and it has the priority LOW ?

We are trying to use Confluence as a document repository as a knowledge base. If simple sorting issues like this aren't resolved in a timely manner, we'll probably reconsider our choose for Confluence as an CMS.

Regards

Hans Tubbax

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2019

Hans,

My apologies that I am not able to offer you a more immediate solution. Bugs reported are prioritized according to our Cloud Bug Fix Policy with special priority given to security issues.

As a workaround, you may find that there are some add-ons that can help you to accomplish what you need to use Confluence as a CMS. You can review these on Confluence Marketplace.

Thank you again for bringing this up to us.

Regards,

Shannon

Hans Tubbax September 9, 2019

I don't understand your answer quit well.

Does Atlassian have many security issues? So many that they don't have time to fix usability issues that lower the quality of the product?

Regards

Hans

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 10, 2019

Hans,

Apologies for the confusion, but I was aiming to explain how our bugs get prioritized. We certainly do have time to fix usability issues, but all reported bugs go through a prioritization process. Several factors are considered, such as:

• How many users does this affect?
  • How quickly can it be fixed?
  • Does this cause a security issue?

Because of this, I would recommend that you click This affects my team so we can properly keep a gauge of how many users this affects. It will also add you to the list of watchers so you will receive any updates on this in the future.

In regards to your other question about security, information on security issues within Atlassian can be found below:

I hope that's clear, but do let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon 

acolyer March 14, 2021

Any update on this? 

Like Jürg Streit likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events