Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One user unable to login in Confluence

VENKATESHWARARAO July 14, 2020

Hi

I have one user that is unable to login and i don't know why!!!!

The user is set up within Active directory and can login to his windows account and We manage all our users through Jira, whether they primarily use Confluence or use both Jira and Confluence. Every user's login credentials for both instances are identical. 

For some reason, one of our users is suddenly unable to log into Confluence with her username and password, alhough she is still able to log into Jira with that same username and password.

• I have tried changing her password, which works fine for Jira but has no effect on the Confluence error
  • There is no one else in the system with her name
  • There is no one else in the system with the same email address

Bizarrely, the error seems to be caused by a specific action: going to the

http://confluence.companyname.com:8090/dologin.acion URL

and displays the details like site cannot be reached error.  After clicking login its redirected to dologin.action page with site cannot be reached error message. 

I'm unsure what to do next as everything seems to be set up correctly

Help Please????

Thanks

VenkateshwaraRao

2 answers

0 votes
Owen Chen December 12, 2023

Hi @VENKATESHWARARAO ,

I have the same issue. 

Have you solved it?
Can you help me?

Thanks,

Owen

0 votes
Lasse Langhorn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2020

Hi @VENKATESHWARARAO

Please check the User directory setup for your Confluence instance. If you both use Active directory and Jira as user directories for your Confluence instance you should check the ordering of these directories on the user directory page in Confluence admin section.

You can read more about user directories in Confluence here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-user-directories-229838212.html

Regards

Lasse Langhorn

VENKATESHWARARAO July 14, 2020

Hi Langhorn, 

Thank you for replying.

With in that AD other users are able to login without any issue. The problem is only one user is not able to login. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events