Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On linux where file path of MySQL installation wizard?

lily56 March 28, 2013

I install mysql for Confluence on linux, refenrence from"Confluence's Database Setup For MySQL"

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Database+Setup+For+MySQL#DatabaseSetupForMySQL-Step3.ConfigureMySQLServer

On the Step 3 Configure MySQL Server

"Run the MySQL installation wizard:" ,I can't find a file like "MySQLInstanceConfig" on linux .

Where file path of MySQL installation wizard?

2 answers

9 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2013

Not an MySQL expert, but I believe those instructions are contaminated by the Windows OS.

On unix, such modifications are made through direct modification of configuration files, prompt commands, etc. You may want to lookup the MySQL documentation to find the exact correspondents of each action listed there.

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2013

Saw that I got negative votes. MySQLInstanceConfig is not available on linux, AFAIK, and mysqlsetup was only used for a new instance last time I check. Anyway.

Like SCITAS SCITAS-GE likes this
2 votes
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 29, 2013

Hi Lily,

Mysql install is not part of Confluence's download. For linux systems, you'll need to download this and install separately. There are many guides out there on the internet for your specific linux distro, but you should follow mysql's instructions and incorporate any linux flavor specifics for your OS.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/linux-installation.html

Confluence does not ship with mysql so you'll not find any installation wizard until you either download an installer, or install using a package manager on linux.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events