On install Confluence: This is not a valid url for JIRA 4.3 or later

Jira installed on a server with Ubuntu 12.10.

I installed and chose to integrate Confluence users but with Jira returns me the error "This is not a valid url for JIRA 4.3 or later."

I've tried with the host that points to the server, with localhost, 127.0.0.1 and IP network, without success.

How do I work?

Greats,
Eduardo

3 answers

Hi Eduardo,

Actually this problem is pretty easy to fix.

I wrote a KB for this problem as you can see here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Unable+to+Set+Up+the+User+Management+During+the+Installation

This will definitely help you.

Cheers,

WZ

Hi Eduardo,

It sounds like you are setting up Confluence to use JIRA's user database, but the URL is invalid. Just to get some more background on what is going on here, can you answer these questions:

* What URL are you entering under "JIRA Base URL" in step4?
* Does that URL work if you access it in a web browser?
* Is that JIRA version 4.3 or later?

Cheers

I removed and reinstalled the installation again.

He reaches in "Load users and groups from JIRA" and simply stop. The "Next" button becomes inactive and the images do not load.

Below, an image of the error.

Greats,

Eduardo

Are there any errors in the logs on both sides? Are you using OpenJDK? If so switch to Oracle's. Which version of Java are you using?

I would setup Confluence locally and connect to JIRA after so it's easier to debug.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,121 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you