Office connector "allow authentication tokens in the url path"

Hi.

What exactly happens if I will enable "allow authentication tokens in the url path" of the office connector?
Normally the users have to login to Word if they will use "Edit in office". With enabled option, they won't.

We had no secure connection; is there a potential security risk to enable the direct authentication?

Regards

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Hi,

If this option is enabled, the Office Connector will use authentication tokens in the URL. Credentials of the users are not required to open and edit the documents. Because the authentication tokens already contain what it needed.

If all the word documents were restrict to internal user, then it optional for you to enable or disable it.

Regards,

Jonathan

Thanks, I set the checkbox and the users are glad they do not have to retype their password every time.

Hi.  Can anyone clarify WHERE exactly this option is enabled?

Is it in the WebDav launcher options?

Somewhere in my Excel options?

On an Office server somewhere?

I'm having issues with the WebDAV plug in and Office 13/Office 365.

The Atlassian login prompt comes up when I click "Edit in Office" on an embedded spreadsheet but it never takes my password.  Sometimes it looks like the file is about to download but then I wind up getting a "could not open document" (sic) type of error.  I'd like to flip this switch to see if I can get the plug in to work.

BTW - I should add that it was working for awhile and then about 3 weeks ago it stopped again.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,053 views 16 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you