Office attachments/ files do not open

Esther Lansbergen December 9, 2020

When I try to open an Excel-file on a Confluence page, I get a pop-up if I want to launch the Atlassian Companion App. When I press “Allow”, nothing happens.

• I have installed Office 365 (64 bits).
  • I have installed the Atlassion Companion App (v1.2.5)
  • The Atlassian Companion App is running (in the system tray)
  • I tried various browsers (Edge, Chrome, Opera).

Version of Confluence is 7.8.3 (server). Name of the file is without special characters and word file is also not opening.

Colleagues with same versions/browser doesn't seem to have a problem. I'm lost which setting we must check as well. Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Esther

1 answer

0 votes
Alex K
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2020

Hi @Esther Lansbergen ,

This is especially weird since Companion works fine for your co-workers. 
The next step would be to look into the companion.log file to see if there are any obvious issues. If you navigate to the Atlassian Companion tray icon -> click the icon -> View Logs it will open the directory with this log file. You could clear the contents of the log and then try to edit the file. Then you can share the log file here and I can take a look or contact our support team and share it with them.  

Also when you click on the tray icon, do you see "Clear trusted domains" or "Clear untrusted domains" ? If so, could you try clicking those options and trying to edit the file again ?

Regards,
Alex K (Developer at Atlassian) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events