cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbered headings in combination with Comala

Chris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2022

Hello!

We`re searching for a Numbered Headings addon which is capable of numbering whole spaces and does not collide with f.e. a simple workflow (publish).

Any information or hints regarding this issue would be very appreciated.

Kind regards

Chris

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2022

Hello @Chris ,

I discussed your post with @Nishanth Thimmareddy (Appfire) today and we understand:

• You have a set of pages in your space, each with a title like 'Chapter 1: Introduction', 'Chapter 2: Background', etc.
  • When you add a new chapter, you edit your page titles to adjust the numbering accordingly
  • This creates a new page version - this is the expected behaviour of Confluence
  • And the page state changes -This is the expected behaviour of the Comala Document Management 'updated' transition - any change to the page title or page content will trigger an update.

If you want to manually control when your published pages are sent for review, you could change your workflow transition to a 'submit' type. Alternatively, you could use the Administrator State Override feature to return your pages to the 'Published' state.

If you have questions regarding your specific workflow, please create a Support Package,  open a ticket with our Support team at https://support.comalatech.com and attach your support package to your ticket.

Thanks in advance

James

Chris
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2022

Hi James!

This is indeed pretty helpful, thank you very much!

Kind regards

Chris

0 votes
Nishanth Thimmareddy (Appfire)
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 4, 2022

Hi @Chris

Welcome to the community. Thanks for asking this. I am the product manager for Numbered Headings app at Appfire and I work closely with the Comala Document Management team. 

It would be great if we can speak more about this over a quick chat. Please set up some time on my calendar to take this forward. Here is my calendly link https://calendly.com/nishantht/30-minute-meeting-with-appfire to pick your appropriate time for the discussion.

I look forward to talking with you.

Best,

Nishanth T

nishanth[.]thimmareddy[@]appfire[.]com

Chris
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2022

Hi Nishanth!

Thank you for you quick and kind response, we`re using your plugin already and have the following problem(s). Maybe we should discuss this here, to provide help for other numbered headings users.

The application could lead to problems in connection with the workflow and versioning.
By changing the title of each individual page, the current status of the affected pages is set to "in progress" (comala).
If I were to move a chapter forward, for example, the numbering of all the pages below would have to be adjusted.
However, this then leads to the status of all pages being changed and these pages having to be set to "ready for inspection" again manually.

It is generally a problem that changing the headline creates a new version of the page.
In this case, neither the content nor the headline itself has changed. This falsifies the page history in my opinion.

And on the start page, these pages are listed under the last activities.
It is then virtually no longer possible to trace the pages on which changes are actually made.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events