Numbered column of table is too wide when exporting to PDF

Michelle Oliveri November 18, 2019

Using the new editor, I've added a table with a numbered column.  The published version looks great, but the PDF Export extends the numbered column to half of my page.   Is there a way to adjust the width of the numbered column?  Number Column issue.png

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Herve Frydlender
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2019

Him

Try to add this in PDF stylesheet :

/* Fix default behavior on table's column width */
table
{
table-layout: auto !important;
width: auto !important;
word-wrap: normal;
}
Michelle Oliveri November 19, 2019

Hi Herve,

Thank you for the code - it actually worked to adjust my columns!   The only problem is that now my images are not showing in the table (unless they are really small).  Is there something to add to the code to trigger images to show?

Thanks,

Michelle

0 votes
Answer accepted
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 18, 2019

Hi @Michelle Oliveri 

Please confirm that the table is responsive. 

Even if it is responsive, I would recommend you to change it to fixed width and then responsive again. Export it and this should do the trick. 

Let me know how you go :)

Cheers

Poorvi

Michelle Oliveri November 18, 2019

Hi Poorvi,

Do you know where the fixed width / responsive toggle can be found in the new editor?

So far, I am not seeing it. 

Regards,

Michelle 

Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 18, 2019

Hi @Michelle Oliveri 

My bad, you are using the new editor. There is no way to change it currently in the new editor. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/What-happened-to-responsive-table-widths/qaq-p/1020187

Cheers

Poorvi

1 vote
Michelle Oliveri November 19, 2019

This is very strange.  When I first add a table and enter information, the PDF Export stretches my numbered column to half the page (as shown in the picture).  However, at some point, the table eventually starts working properly (numbered column staying at a decent width on the PDF Export).  I have no idea what is triggering it to work suddenly.  I simply kept trying to add different images and kept exporting my page.  At some point, the table adjusted (even with no images in the table).  Just wanted to share!   

Now if I can get the editor to show me my Excerpt Includes in edit mode!   (But that's a different issue.  :)  ) 

Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
November 19, 2019

Thanks @Michelle Oliveri  for sharing your experience, it will help when others have a similar problem :)

Christal Vandecar August 26, 2022

Having the same issue. Not sure how to fix it. Why does the exported PDF give the numbered column so much space? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events