Notifications for not watched space

Anna Gunich October 6, 2011

I am getting an update notification for the space I am not watching.

E.g. I am watching a Space1, there is a Page1.

I recieved a notification about a page (Page2) in different space (Space2) which was updated , with the Subject "[Wiki] Space2 > Space1>Page1" .

The content of the notification describes the changes on the page in Space2, which is a completely different page and is not anyhow linked to page1 or Space1.

Why can I receive such notification? How can the subject be explained?

I have received also a complain from one more user about the same issue for different spaces and pages, so it should be not just a unknown one-time error...

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,

Anna.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anna Gunich October 12, 2011

Hi Everybody,

Just found out that it is a bug in the Descendant Notifications plugin released by Adaptivist.

https://www.adaptavist.com/display/community/Strange+Email+Subjects+and+Email+Body

Confluence Version: 3.5

Plugin Version: 1.3.6

Please vote on it if you also use this plugin to get it fixed sooner (you can vote only if you have registered at Adaptivist community).

Thanks!

Anna.

0 votes
John Masson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2011

Hi Anna,

You might like to raise a case with the support team at http://support.atlassian.com to assist you with this.

Regards,
John

Anna Gunich October 9, 2011

Hi John,

Thanks for your advice. We have already contacted the support team on this issue, however as we can not provide the steps to reproduce this problem we were advised to turn on mail log monitor to track all the notifications, but we are afraid this can cause the performance issues.

So just wanted to check if someone else faced such problem and can suggest the reason (so we could reproduce it), as we have no ideas.

Thanks,

Anna

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events