Notifications don't load - confluence 4.3.7 for IE9

donna reynolds February 20, 2013

I saw a similar question for IE8 with the workaround to not use compatibility view.

I can't get this to work in IE9 -- what other settings do I need to check?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2013

Hello Donna,

Initially I would suggest you to perform the changes related with the browser itself, as you mentioned about the compatibility view, some of our users that experienced this problem performed the following:

* under Tools->Compatibility View Settings and then uncheck "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View"

Another workaround that some customers reported would be to access the confluence instance using the IP address of the server, for example:

* 172.168.110.3:8090 instead of the server name (e.g. http://confluence.yourcompany.com:8090)

And another suggestion if none of the above help, would to rebuild your content indexes from the scratch by the following:

1- Shut down your Confluence server;

2- Make a backup of your <confluence-home>/index/plugin directory if it exists. This is where the Usage Tracking plugin stores it's index for the usage statistics and it cannot be rebuilt.

3- Remove the <confluence-home>/index directory.

5- If in step 2, you have the <confluence-home>/index/plugin directory, create the <confluence-home>/index directory and copy in the backup of <confluence-home>/index/plugin directory made in step 2.

6- Restart server - A new index directory will be created upon restart of your application.

7- Now perform the manual re-indexing (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Content+Index+Administration#ContentIndexAdministration-RebuildingtheContentIndexes) of your site to build a brand new index from scratch.

Then try to access the notifications and see how it goes. I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

LJ.

donna reynolds February 25, 2013

The First 2 suggestions did not work.

I need IT to do the remaining work and haven't got them yet to commit to this activity.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events