Notification box is not fully translated

Frederik Teuber May 4, 2014

Hi,

we're using the german language pack from atlassian translations and now have the problem, that the elements in the notification box are not or just very poor translated. For us it is an important factor concering user acceptance that everything is well translated. An example: When a user shares a page confluence displays, that there is a new notification, which is something like 'PersonXY shared Pagename'. This textelements are not or just very poor translated, especially when a user shares or comments a page or another user is mentioned on a page.

There is a bugreport on this ( https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-33460). If you're experiencing the same problem, even when using another language, please vote for this.

I would be interested in how other organisations or companys, that don't use english as standard language, deal with this problem? Any help would be great!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

update: just found https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-33135. There is a textkey, but the translation is missing in the language pack. Please vote!

0 votes

Thanks for the quick responses!

I have already tried to translate it myself and also checked the InProduct Translation Plugin, but my problem is to identify the relevant textkeys. My suggestion is that the elements in the notificationbox don't have an i18n-key, which I could translate (If I'm wrong, please tell me!). The support told me, this might be a problem at code level.

I can't imagine that there isn't a non-english-speaking company, which already has tried to find a solution for this. Having this language mix is quite strange for our users.

mvolkmar August 14, 2014

We did some reverse engineering of the IPT and found out that some keys in notification box where just forgotten:

com.atlassian.mywork.providers.confluence.blog.share.title={user} teilte {title}
com.atlassian.mywork.providers.confluence.blog.share={0} teilte {1}

Other strings in notification box can be translated using IPT:

date.friendly.about.x.hours.ago=vor etwa {0} Stunden

So it does not seem to be a general issue. For us it seems like Atlassian has just forgotten to make some strings in notification box translatable via IPT.

Maybe this could be fixed with next release ?

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2014
0 votes
salehparsa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2014

Hi Frederik,

Sorry to hear about your issue! :(

I understand your concern about translation problem in language pack.

I would like to recommend you to take a look at this KB maybe it can help you to solve your problem while you are waiting for our developer to solve the problem.

Cheers,

Saleh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events