Not receiving emails from Atlassian

Benjamin van Leeuwen October 15, 2021

One of my colleagues does not receive any email from Atlassian, not the invitation to join our confluence space nor any verification emails when trying to login. 

From another post I found that the problem is most likely caused by the invitation having been send before the email address existed which can lead to a temporary block. 

I have tried resending the invitation multiple times without succes. 

How can I resolve this issue?

thanks in advance 

2 answers

2 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2021

Hi @Benjamin van Leeuwen , welcome to the Community!

I've removed an email address from your domain from an internal list that pauses email deliveries. As you noted, this can occur when an invitation is sent from Atlassian Cloud before the mailbox exists on the mail server. When this occurs, our mail service receives a response from the mail server involved that prevents additional emails from being sent.

In this case, an email address on your domain was paused from further deliveries on October 11 - I've cleared this email address and you should be able to re-send the invitation from the Admin panel and have it deliver now.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

1 vote
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2021

Hi @Benjamin van Leeuwen 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!!

Most of the people are facing the same problem. May be Atlassian has blocked their emails for temporary for some reason.

I would suggest you raise a ticket to Atlassian Support and provide all the necessary to details to them.

https://support.atlassian.com/

Cheers,

Mayur

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders