Not finding excerpt when using excerpt include

Deleted user December 3, 2021

I have created an excerpt and added content but when I go to use the Excerpt Include feature, it does not located the excerpt I created

3 answers

1 vote
mberardo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 3, 2021

First use the Excerpt macro onto define the content that you want to include the excerpt from.  Then, when you use the Include Excerpt macro to point at the page you just edited using Excerpt macro, it will include the content you defined.

0 votes
Sekajipo Taplah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2021

Hi @[deleted] 

Are your excerpts within the same space or different spaces? 

Do other excerpts pages appear in the drop down list? 

Deleted user December 9, 2021

Yes, same space. It worked when I copied the page name into the Excerpt Include page box. The excerpt never appears in the search, but I clicked Save it it found it. 

Like Pedro Aguiar likes this
Sekajipo Taplah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2021

sounds good! I'm glad it was resolved 

Andy Folland December 13, 2022

At the risk of appearing stupid - earlier today I spent quite a while cursing away at my laptop because my excerpt was not appearing. The eventual solution?
I had forgotten to use the Excerpt macro on the source page.

Anyone read Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance?
ALWAYS check the obvious stuff before you start ranting.

Like Robert likes this
0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2021

Make sure the source page (with the excerp macro has been saved. And there may be a delay on Cloud while things sync.

Deleted user December 3, 2021

Yes, the source page is saved and published. I have not had any issues with using the excerpt macro previously. It may be a delay issue, but as mentioned before, I haven't had any issues with a delay before. I've also waited hours and my excerpt include macro still is not locating the excerpt. 

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2021

hmm perplexing. I would try creating an excerpt on another page to see if that works. 

And maybe try deleting the excerpt you have now, save the page, and then try to recreate it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events