Not allow space admin edit anonymous access permission

Anne Pan April 25, 2022

Hi all,

I got a requirement from the client that they want to control the anonymous access for spaces(Data Center). To be more specific, they would like to set the default permission as not allowing anonymous access, but if the space admin needs to open anonymous access, the space admin has to apply for approval.

For now, I didn't find any solution for this requirement. I can only think of either closing anonymous access in global setting and then there would be no spaces allowed to open anonymous access. Or if the global setting is open, the space admin can choose the open it or not. There's no way to limit at the space level.

If there's any better solution to fulfill the requirement, please let me know.
Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2022

I'm also on the same conclusion as you are - there isn't any way to do it on a space-level in this scenario.

What we once did was to add a very basic/generic javascript and some css to custom html page so that the end-users couldn't "physically" change specific settings in permissions. It's disgusting, bad practice, bad to maintain/test with upgrades, does not prevent REST/crafted http posts, but most of the users have no idea how to bypass it so it kinda worked.

I think this would overall be better for Atlassian to implement a configuration option e.g. "Allow space administrators to enable anonymous access" or something to that extent.

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2022

Hi @Anne Pan

Take a look at this post it has some options for you: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/setting-up-public-access-156.html

Regards 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events