No images Displayed in Confluence Edited

I'm the site admin for our Confluence in the cloud. Had a guy doing some editing for us. Went to have a look and, for some reason, no images are displayed at all. That includes inline images in the pages, avatars etc etc - nothing on any page or admin screen.

Clicked on an image in one of the pages and got this:

Ouch! We can't load the image.

https://media-api.atlassian.io/file/dedcb12b-304c-4db2-bc04-550c4119436f/image?mode=full-fit&client=2407a676-e7f6-4a5b-9353-5167fd7757f9&token=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiIyNDA3YTY3Ni1lN2Y2LTRhNWItOTM1My01MTY3ZmQ3NzU3ZjkiLCJhY2Nlc3MiOnsidXJuOmZpbGVzdG9yZTpmaWxlOmRlZGNiMTJiLTMwNGMtNGRiMi1iYzA0LTU1MGM0MTE5NDM2ZiI6WyJyZWFkIl19LCJleHAiOjE1MDMzNjExNTMsIm5iZiI6MTUwMzM1Nzc5M30.dUDEB4KGHvKm8oBGU9Bb7ANYUysGEuTDMz144MRT8Rc

Obviously there is a link to the image in the cloud, but the link iis not rendering an image in Confluence. I'm using Chrome and this has worked fine before. Our guy tells me the images show fine at his place using Chrome and Firefox.

However (using Chrome), if I click that link, I get the correct image, images are just NOT appearing in Confluence. I'm not even sure where to start looking?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin

2 answers

1 accepted

Maarten thanks,

It was a privacy issue with a chrome extension, all sorted.

Maarten Cautreels Community Champion Aug 22, 2017

Hi Kevin,

Any chance you can share with us which extension it was. This might help future users.

Best,

Maarten

Sure, it was Privacy Badger. It is quite useful in that, if it discovers a site is tracking you it disables the tracking. It has basically three options from Block entirely to Leave alone. In this case it was blocking some of the Atlassian URLs.

The solution was to:

Disable Privacy Badger for this Site

Thanks for sharing, I tried but it's not work for me

0 vote
Maarten Cautreels Community Champion Aug 21, 2017

Hi Kevin,

I think it'll be best to get in touch with Atlassian Support. The images show a security error for (probably because I'm not logged into your Confluence).

Hope this helps.

Best,

Maarten

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Color tables for a shiny Confluence page

...; ## Developed by: Alana Fernando ## Shared with love ## @param style:title=style type|type=enum|required=true|desc=Choose a style.|enumValues=Style1,Style2,Style3,Style4,Style5 ## @param alignment:title...

143 views 8 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you