No images Displayed in Confluence

Kevin Black August 21, 2017

I'm the site admin for our Confluence in the cloud. Had a guy doing some editing for us. Went to have a look and, for some reason, no images are displayed at all. That includes inline images in the pages, avatars etc etc - nothing on any page or admin screen.

Clicked on an image in one of the pages and got this:

Ouch! We can't load the image.

https://media-api.atlassian.io/file/dedcb12b-304c-4db2-bc04-550c4119436f/image?mode=full-fit&client=2407a676-e7f6-4a5b-9353-5167fd7757f9&token=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiIyNDA3YTY3Ni1lN2Y2LTRhNWItOTM1My01MTY3ZmQ3NzU3ZjkiLCJhY2Nlc3MiOnsidXJuOmZpbGVzdG9yZTpmaWxlOmRlZGNiMTJiLTMwNGMtNGRiMi1iYzA0LTU1MGM0MTE5NDM2ZiI6WyJyZWFkIl19LCJleHAiOjE1MDMzNjExNTMsIm5iZiI6MTUwMzM1Nzc5M30.dUDEB4KGHvKm8oBGU9Bb7ANYUysGEuTDMz144MRT8Rc

Obviously there is a link to the image in the cloud, but the link iis not rendering an image in Confluence. I'm using Chrome and this has worked fine before. Our guy tells me the images show fine at his place using Chrome and Firefox.

However (using Chrome), if I click that link, I get the correct image, images are just NOT appearing in Confluence. I'm not even sure where to start looking?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Black August 22, 2017

Maarten thanks,

It was a privacy issue with a chrome extension, all sorted.

Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2017

Hi Kevin,

Any chance you can share with us which extension it was. This might help future users.

Best,

Maarten

Like Chris Caldwell likes this
Kevin Black August 22, 2017

Sure, it was Privacy Badger. It is quite useful in that, if it discovers a site is tracking you it disables the tracking. It has basically three options from Block entirely to Leave alone. In this case it was blocking some of the Atlassian URLs.

The solution was to:

Disable Privacy Badger for this Site

Minh Bùi Đức March 25, 2018

Thanks for sharing, I tried but it's not work for me

willa May 2, 2019

Confirmed. Was privacy badger for me too.

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2017

Hi Kevin,

I think it'll be best to get in touch with Atlassian Support. The images show a security error for (probably because I'm not logged into your Confluence).

Hope this helps.

Best,

Maarten

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events