Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Create dialog appears when clicking create in navigation

Network of Arts AG February 4, 2020

Hi there

We are missing the "Create" dialog in our confluence instance. The "create" link is shown in the top navigation, but it always (and only) leads to "create page".

We already checked:

- the user has sufficient permission (is admin)
- entered safe mode -> no change
- blueprints are enabled and also promoted

Does someone have a hint on how to solve this issue? It basically renders confluence useless...

Thank you and best regards

Christian

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Network of Arts AG February 4, 2020

Oh wait, now that I dig into the HTML I see... That the three dots are there but they are white (as our header background is). So no dots visible but there... Very hard to find them if you don't know where to look exactly.

Seems like bad styling there. The three dots are always white no matter what color you define in the color schema. There seems to be no way to actually set the color of the dots at all.

0 votes
Timothy Nash June 1, 2022

I do not have hidden or otherwise '. . .' anywhere around the Create button. I assume this is being replaced by the Templates menu next to it? However, this does not seem to allow you to control where the template is created...if you need it to be a child of another page then you must 'Move' it. I think tis is just more mysterious UI design and "improved" UX thunk up by some Product Owner somewhere at Atlassian. Maybe I give to much credit?

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2020

What do you expect to see on the Create link?  If you just click "Create", it will always create a new page.  If you want to create from a template, you have to click the ellipsis ("...") next to the Create button...

0 votes
elvir.dzeladin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2020

Do you have a button with 3 dots ... next to create button ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events