Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested Number Lists - roman numerals, restart at 1

Craig Wright March 24, 2014

Hello everyone. I'm trying to convert a manual from InDesign into Confluence using the old copy and paste technique and I'm having a bit of trouble with nested number lists. I have followed the instructions found on various sites and can achieve the nested list where a., b., c., appears but I want them to use i, ii, iii.

I'm familiar with Flare and CSS, so thought it would be a case of just editing the style sheet to:

ol {

list-style-type: decimal;

}

ol ol {

list-style-type: lower-roman;

}

ol ol ol {

list-style-type: lower-roman;

}

But that doesn't seem to have any effect. When I looked at the source of the pages after creating the a., b., c. nested lists, it looks like the indentation method doesn't create correct HTML - it looks okay on the screen (apart from the letters), but the nesting of the <ol> and <li> is incorrect.

When I have a play around with the indent and number list buttons, I can get the numbers to appear on the nested part, but they don't restart at 1. Not surprising as the underlying code isn't starting a new list.

Can anyone tell me the correct way to get nested number lists?

1 answer

0 votes
Craig Wright March 25, 2014

It's okay, I figured it out. Deleted all of the text, re-pasted it in, set the numbering so that it was indented with letters. Edited the stylesheet to have:

1. ol {
  2. list-style:decimal;
  3. }
  4. li ol li {
  5. list-style:lower-roman;
  6. }

Problem solved.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events