It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Need help to view an attached HTML Page

Steven Parsons Feb 14, 2014

Is there anyway I can attach a saved HTML file into CF. Then use the Iframe macro (or any other macro) to view that html page on a CF page? Or can anyone think of a better solution for viewing a HTM(L) file on a confluence page.

Currently I am having to host the HTML page on another server.

thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

I think there are a number of ways of doing this, here is one that I know works :).

Use the HTML Macro from HTML Plugin for Confluence. You can display html from an attachment, system file, or url. For example, here is the wiki markup version of how you would do it or just use the Macro browser to prompt for similar:

{html:script=spacename:home^example.html}
{html}

Unless you only have trusted users editing content on your site, consider using Macro Security for Confluence to avoid security exposures by allowing hmtl content on your site.

Steven Parsons Feb 18, 2014

Thanks for your suggestion Bob. Do you know if this is also possible with the HTML plugin thats built into confluence?

If you don't have security concerns on your site, enable the Atlassian HTML macros and see if it supports your use case. html-include supports including html from a url. I don't think there is any support for attachment or system file inclusion, although you can use the url of an attachment if necessary.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

1,301 views 8 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you