Need Nested List (Tree) in Page Expanded by Default

Eman August 9, 2019

I have used the Expand macro to create a nested list (tree) in the body of a page, with each child node having its own expand macro for its children.  There may be several levels of child nodes for each parent node. 

I would like the tree to be expanded for all nodes by default when the page is first loaded, but the default seems to be for the tree to be collapsed.  This is annoying for users when there are several levels of nested child nodes and they need to click on each one to expand all of them each time they navigate to this page.

For example, a simple representation of the tree might look like this:

> Level 1

.....> Level 1.1

...........> Level 1.1.1

...........> Level 1.1.2

> Level 2

.....> Level 2.1

..........> Level 2.1.1

..........> Level 2.1.2

Unfortunately, the default display will be:

> Level 1

Am I missing something and there is a way to do this using built-in Confluence functionality?  I prefer not to purchase a plugin just to have what seems should be a common feature of the macro, e.g. a setting to expand the node by default.

Thanks for any help that you can provide!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2019

As you can see from this issue, CONFSERVER-27077, it has been requested some 7 years ago, and is NOT under consideration.

Eman August 12, 2019

Thank you for the reply, Bill.  It seems that Jenny Millman updated that issue February 2018 to indicate this, but also stated that it would be re-reviewed after a year.  Apparently, it has not, or the decision was to maintain the status quo.  Unfortunate.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events