Navigation tree - blog posts by day

Thomas Bear July 6, 2016

Hi guys,

I'm looking to change the way the blog posts navigation tree separates entries. Currently, it has a category for year and month, but not for each day. Every blog post for the month is in one large list.

Does anyone have any guidance for if the blog navigation tree can be modified to add a day category also?

Thanks,

Tom

2 answers

1 vote
Steve Taylor August 5, 2016

Tom, 

I sent a question into Atlassian about this and got a response.  See the comm chain below.

[Me]

How can we get the Blog posts to sort by day created in the Navigation tree?

We have multiple blog posts per day (tracking higher priority issue tickets) and would like to sort these posts by year/month/day of Created/Posted Date on the Navigation tree.

[Andre]

05/Aug/16 7:48 PM

Hi Steve,

In the current version of Confluence there isn't a way to sort the Blog pages created in a Confluence Space. They already have the descending sort defined for them by the creation date of these pages.
If you would like to have this setting customisable in any way in Confluence, then we can raise a suggestion for you so our developers can consider to implement such functionality in the future.
For that, please just let us know and we'll proceed with it.

Thanks and we'll be awaiting your answer.

[Me]

05/Aug/16 8:29 PM

I guess I wasn't clear on my request. I understand that the blogs are displayed in date order with the most current date at the top. Can the Navigation Tree be modified to have the months be broken down by days with the triangle "twistees" (like beside the word August)? Thus, you would have something like > 01 for the first of August.

[Andre]

05/Aug/16 9:02 PM

Thanks for clarifying, Steve!
Unfortunately, we have to give you the same answer as before. Confluence doesn't have such functionality, so, in case you would like to see it in the tool, please let us know and we can create the a feature request for Confluence.

Thanks and sorry for the bad news.

0 votes
Steve Taylor July 28, 2016

Tom,

Have you received any feedback on your question?  I am interested in an answer for this too.

Thanks,

Steve

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events