Navigation Tree Jumping About

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013

Hello,

I've read about this here before but I can't find anything on it now.

In 4.3.7 and in 5.3.1 the Navigation Tree jumps about when you change pages. This means you have to keep scrolling down to find the page you're on in the navigation tree.

This is really tedious and annoying, especially when you're reviewing a lot of pages and the quickest way to find them is in the tree.

I'm very disappointed to find this stil happens in Confluence latest, but does anyone know how to stop this happening in 4.3.7?

Cheers.

4 answers

1 vote
Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2014

I created this issue with atlassian as my user base really is starting to get hostile about this issue: https://support.atlassian.com/browse/CSP-130145

Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2014

Case replied :).

0 votes
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2014

Hey Mick and Robert :),

Firstly tahnks a lot for reporting that to us and creating a case, we really appreciate that.

I was able to reproduce this and the good new is that this missbehaviour no longer happens in Confluence version 5.6.1, so if you upgarde confluence it will no longer move the cursor.

I also raised below bug for reference:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-34823

Thanks and Regards,
David|Confluence Support Engineer
0 votes
Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2014

My user base has complained about this as well. So if there is a large page tree then it tends to jump about. We are in version 5.5.4

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2013

it'd be great if someone from @atlassian could comment on this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events