Naming new Confluence workspace

Jim Stewart January 25, 2021

If I have a help desk called HR help desk, can I just name the new Confluence space 'Knowledge Base' and it will append? Or do I have to call it HR Help Desk Knowledge Base?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

You do not have to name them the same.  In the Jira Service Management project, you can tell it which space to use in the linked Confluence for its Knowledge Base.

Jim Stewart January 25, 2021

Actually maybe I didn't ask that clearly. Try again. Let's say I have a help desk called HR Help Desk. And I want to call the space Knowledge Base. When I create the Confluence Space, do I have to call it HR Help Desk Knowledge Base? Or do I just call it Knowledge Base and the HR Help Desk part gets appended to the front of it? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

You can call it what ever you want to.

To link them, you tell the Jira project which space(s) to use.

Thomas Bowskill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2021

Hi @Jim Stewart 

Nic's already outlined it, and this guide may assist in seeing what creates the Confluence-Jira link: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/link-confluence-spaces-to-your-service-project/

The name of your Spaces and Projects do not have to have anything in common (although I'd advise a good naming convention to increase the searchability of your Confluence -- "Knowledge Base" becomes ambiguous in a site that has many KBs; I always push for naming Confluence pages so their titles contain all the searchable keywords: "How to add a user to the HR system" versus "How to add a user"). 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events