Naming Convention of page?

Jonathan Lau February 25, 2014

May I know more about the naming convention of page?

It seems that there is an issue when i put "[Text] ABCD EFGH" as page name.
The problem is likely to result from the bracket.

Appreciate any help.

Cheers,
Jonathan

3 answers

1 vote
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2014

Hi Jonathan,

From the sounds of it you are hitting this bug, which is related to square brackets in page titles: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-30020

So, in theory Confluence should gracefully handle titles with square brackets but unfortunately due to that bug there is some odd behaviour with them and I suspect tihs is what you are encountering.

All the best,
John

0 votes
Jonathan Lau February 25, 2014

Hi John

Thanks for the heads up and you guess makes perfect sense. The bug is exactly what I have been experiencing.

So I guess I would have to avoid putting square brackets in titles at this moment until the bug is fixed... (gonna try with parentheses, curly brackets and angle brackets too)

Cheers,

Jonathan

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2014

Jonathan,

This is probably covered in the Confluence docs, but there are certain things that you can't use, however sometimes this is only apparent when you do something else.

For example, I've found using something like a colon in a page title is acceptable but if you then use the page with the colon in the title in the Include Excerpt macro, the macro can't find it.

So you have to edit the page name and remove the colon. When you do this the Include Excerpt macro will work.

This is just an example, but it shows that sometimes saving the page is ok, but linking to it isn't. It's a matter of experimenting and seeing what works.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events