MySQL 5.1 ...

Stéphane Stéphane
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 2, 2011

Hi all,

With Confluence 4.0, MySQL seem's to be at least version 5.1 from the Supported Platform page :

But, from the requirements page :

Atlassian announce that "Confluence should work with the database versions listed below". So the 5.0.28+ should work...

From my Test Envirronment, Confluence 4.0 works fine, and i am running Centos Or Redhat OS, where MySQL is 5.0.77.

Can i run quietly Confluence on the version 5.0.77 of MySQL server ? ...

Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2011

Hey Stéphane!

Your answer is yes. Since the 5.0.77 is a minorversion from MySQL 5.0 and the minimum requeriment from Confluence is 5.0.28, 5.0.77 is supported. I was not able to found any bug related to 5.0.77 specific version either.

But if you wanna know the true, I'm using PostgreSQL 8.4 in my labs in both Jira and Confluence. My server operational system is always CentOS 5.5 and 5.6, and I'm really enjoying the performance/stability from Postgres 8.4 instead of MySQL. You can replace the default (and unsupported) PostgreSQL 8.1 from EL5 using the pgrpms.org repository, it's quitte easy. ;)

EDITED: As MySQL, PostgreSQL is also free (as in free beer AND in free speech).

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

0 votes
stephane Dugravot November 18, 2011

It is ok now,

I would like to close this case....

0 votes
stephane Dugravot November 2, 2011

Sorry for the delay Lucas, and thank you.

As you said, yes our test Confluence is running well MySQL 5.0. And we didn't find any bug too, until now.

But, i will change the database from MySQL 5.0 to MySQL 5.1 (supported in CentOS 6.0) soon.

Stephane.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events