Hi all,

With Confluence 4.0, MySQL seem's to be at least version 5.1 from the Supported Platform page :

But, from the requirements page :

Atlassian announce that "Confluence should work with the database versions listed below". So the 5.0.28+ should work...

From my Test Envirronment, Confluence 4.0 works fine, and i am running Centos Or Redhat OS, where MySQL is 5.0.77.

Can i run quietly Confluence on the version 5.0.77 of MySQL server ? ...

Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

Hey Stéphane!

Your answer is yes. Since the 5.0.77 is a minorversion from MySQL 5.0 and the minimum requeriment from Confluence is 5.0.28, 5.0.77 is supported. I was not able to found any bug related to 5.0.77 specific version either.

But if you wanna know the true, I'm using PostgreSQL 8.4 in my labs in both Jira and Confluence. My server operational system is always CentOS 5.5 and 5.6, and I'm really enjoying the performance/stability from Postgres 8.4 instead of MySQL. You can replace the default (and unsupported) PostgreSQL 8.1 from EL5 using the pgrpms.org repository, it's quitte easy. ;)

EDITED: As MySQL, PostgreSQL is also free (as in free beer AND in free speech).

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Sorry for the delay Lucas, and thank you.

As you said, yes our test Confluence is running well MySQL 5.0. And we didn't find any bug too, until now.

But, i will change the database from MySQL 5.0 to MySQL 5.1 (supported in CentOS 6.0) soon.

Stephane.

It is ok now,

I would like to close this case....

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Asked May 24, 2018 in Confluence

What are the resources that you use to learn more about Atlassian Products?

I am gathering information about resources available for Atlassian product knowledge transferring for a presentation in our local Atlassian User Group. I want to group them in four categories From ...

611 views 18 16
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you