Multiple user updates

Omar Sowan September 5, 2013

Hi!

We have a confluence page and many people need to occasionally update the same page. It seems that multiple update is not properly supported since we've occasionally lost some updates due to that. My question is that is there a way to know if someone else is updating the same page and in this case one would have the option to wait before starting new updates?

Thanks & regards,

Omar

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2013

Bernado is right Omar. There should be a warning message shown to the person editing alerting them to the fact that someone else is/was editing. This will ask them to choose which edits to save, or, if I remember correctly, asking them if they want to merge the two sets of edits. I could be wrong on that last bit. :) Cheers.

1 vote
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2013

According to my understanding, If another user is editing the same page as you Confluence will display a message above your edit screen letting you know who the other user is and when the last edit was made.

This documentation may help you on this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Concurrent+Editing+and+Merging+Changes

Cheers,

Bernardo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events