Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple excerpts from one Confluence page?

Albert Schweitzer Stiftung December 19, 2017
We like the possibility of using excerpts (as described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/excerpt-macro-148062.html ) to avoid duplicate content. However, we don't like the limit of one excerpt per page. Is there a plugin or workaround to solve this? Thank you!

6 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2017

Here are a couple add-ons that can do what you want.

Multi Excerpt (Paid)

Include Content (Free)

Rainee Rohrbacher May 23, 2019

:( Include content is just for server. 

Sascha Ziemann July 22, 2022

Include content is great!

2 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2019

Another approach is to use Table Excerpt and Table Excerpt Include macros (Table Filter and Charts app) that can be used for multi-excerption within multiple pages and spaces searched by page names, page trees and labels.

Yevinka May 21, 2019

Thanks Andrey !

I will give this a go and see if it helps.

1 vote
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2017

If the solution proposed by Rafael does not meet your requirements, there are additional plugins available on the Atlassian Marketplace that support the multi-excerpt feature you may want to check out.

Biased alert: Since I am one of the authors of the projectdoc Toolbox, I have not tried any of the other add-ons by myself. :-)

0 votes
Jeff Shepherd May 17, 2023

I get around multiple excerpts on a page with this technique, which requires no additional add-ons.

Take the multiple excerpts you want from the original page and put each excerpt on its own page. Then include those excerpts on the original page as well as any other pages that need them.

0 votes
Parva C. - Narva Software April 23, 2021

Hello everyone,

As an alternative, please try our add-on Multiple Excerpts & Include Macros.

As name suggests, it allows adding multiple excerpts in a page which are identified by excerpt key.

You can then use 'Multiple Excerpts Include' macro to include defined excerpts in another page. This way, you can include as many excerpts as you need.

Heather Blue November 25, 2021

Hi Parva, what is the difference between the excerpts/excerpts include and multiple excerpts/multiple excerpts include macros? The only difference I've found by googling is that a page is limited to 1 excerpt, and the multiexcerpt is a workaround, however it looks like you can have more than one excerpt and excerpt include in a page, given that you can assign excerpt keys and call multiple on the same page. So I'm not sure what sets multiple excerpts apart from excerpts?

0 votes
Rafael Franco
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2017

Hi Mahi,

What you could do is use a Script Macro from ScriptRunner for Confluence to build your own Excerpt Macro that does not include this restriction.

Let me know if you need help doing it.

Cheers,

Rafael

Al Ba June 17, 2018

Hi Rafael, I would be interested in such a ScriptRunner Macro for multiple excerpts. As I have only very little SR experience I would be happy for some guidance. Thanks, Alexander

Yevinka May 20, 2019

Hi Rafael,

do you believe that if I use script macro from script runner, it would able to mitigate the following problem I am facing?

-------------

I am pulling information from 2 separate pages (text paragraphs).

1 page will be a page excerpt entirely, and the other will be multiple text excerpts from page 2. (I will be using the multiple excerpt add-on for this)

my question is, can I select where the multiple text excerpts are to be included in the page excerpt?

or should I use individual text excerpts for individual paragraphs (from page 1) and then add the multiple individual text excerpts (from page 2) in between the paragraphs (from page 1), ie should I not excerpt the entire page (page 1) ?

Amna Shahbaz February 22, 2022

Rafael Franco yes i need help i wanna do this how i made this that my parent page automatically connect with the child page excerpt macros

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events