Multiple completed tasks not saving (unless in edit mode)

Paul Wood December 3, 2018

I have created a new template for capturing requirements and used the tabs control / tabs panel macro to have all the sections neatly laid out within tabs.

On one of the tabs I have create a checklist of things which need to be completed, and placed within a page properties macro so we can use page properties report to get a view of checklist items completed across multiple requirements.

Now I am testing and find that although I can tick all the tasks on a page, when I refresh the page I get a warning that my "changes may not be saved" and if I ok to that and refresh the page, it is only the first task I have ticked that remains ticked, and all the others are still unticked. 

However, I can edit the page and tick all the boxes and then publish, and the changes are saved and the tasks remain ticked. This is a workaround, but not the way it should be working.

1 answer

1 vote
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2018

Hello there Paul!
Could you specify which third-party add-on is being used for this objective of creating tabs within Confluence?

Since we still have some variables in this, let us first try to rule out browser as one possible cause. We can start by trying to replicate the issue in some different browsers/settings:

- browser with clean cache
- another browser
- incognito mode

Further, there is a possibility that you are being affected by the bug report we have open:

CONFCLOUD-56972 | Checking/unchecking tasks very fast on a page gives error

Description of the bug:

When you have more than one task to check/uncheck in the same page it may be reasonable for you to click all of them very fast, one after the other. And when we do this fast check/uncheck of tasks in the page it will throw an error at some point and the task won't be checked/unchecked.

I was able to reproduce this without the tab macro reported by you. If you end up being affected by this bug, you could Vote and Watch the report.

Voting will increase the visibility of the report with our teams and watching it keeps you updated it anything new there!

Please, let us know your thoughts on this!

Paul Wood December 6, 2018

Hi - Thanks for taking time to reply @Diego 

I have just tried both Chrome and IE and getting the same problem.

I have also tried creating list of tasks (not within tabs or page properties macro) and was able to tick them off successfully and navigate away with the completed tasks being saved as completed, so do not think I am experiencing the bug you have referenced.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events