Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Images in a line display as one image per line

Nathan Hans November 10, 2015

I have a page with 4 images side by side. In the editor, it displays the images in the same row. Once I save however, the images display one per row.

They are all small images. I have no effects on any of them. 

Any idea what is causing this?

I tried IE, Firefox and Chrome. I'm running confluence 5.8.14

8 answers

0 votes
Alex Sramek February 21, 2024

In case anyone comes across this with the same frustration as myself, this can apparently now be done (in Confluence Cloud) using Word Wrap.

For each image, click Wrap Left.

0 votes
Nathan Hans November 13, 2015

Atlassian Support has indicated this is a bug with no workaround. It's being tracked here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-39896

Thanks for you help gentlemen.

0 votes
Nathan Hans November 12, 2015

That still doesn't work.

I did try  to just put next before and after the image and both were on their same line. It seems to be a image wrapping issue.

I have a ticket open with support.

0 votes
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2015

Hey @Nathan Hans have you tried recreating a page in the same space and seeing if the problem persists? I noticed you said you created a separate site and you didn't have the issue.

I have created hundreds of Confluence pages over the years, and sometimes (though rarely) some strange issue comes up that I can't resolve. I recreate the page and the issue is not there. 

If you have not tried that - or if others reading this have any problematic issue that they can't resolve on a page - just try recreating the page and see if the issue is resolved. If it is, delete the problematic page and move on.

0 votes

Tried the CSS, but that didn't work. I opened a case with Support. Thanks Steffen.

0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2015

I have no idea but the most logical explanation would be that Atlassion has set it as new standard that images are displayed as block instead of inline?

If you like to play around with that include a CSS stylesheet on your page with

2015-11-12 18_09_42-Edit - The Real Test - Steffen Heller - Lightweb.png

0 votes
  • I did not have any spaces between the images. I tried to put a space that didn't help.
  • It says it's paragraph format. I tried to set it as another format and switch back to paragraph that didn't help.
  • I tried different images on a different space on a new blank page.
  • I tried a brand new space that didn't help
  • Clear Formatting did not help. 
  • I confirmed another user got the same result.
  • I created a separate trial site and I did not get the issue then.

0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2015

No idea, never had that.

Anything unusual with the page or the images: Blank space between images, accidentally activated a text format other than "Paragraph" or any other text format?

Did you try with different images? Did you try with a new and empty space? Did you hit "Clear Formatting" to make sure there is no hidden something causing this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events