Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move from Oracle JDK to Adoptium

Joe Roper April 19, 2022

My management has asked that I look into moving both our Confluence (7.15.1) and Bitbucket (7.20.0) Server installs from using the Oracle JDK to using the bundled Adoptium JDK for financial reasons.  Can someone point me to any documentation relevant to this task because I haven't been able to find any in my searching.  Is it as easy as un-installing the Oracle Java?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2022

You'll need to ensure that the environment paths are updated for the new Java, so the users running your services use the new one, but yes, it is as simple as un-installing the Oracle Java.

Joe Roper April 21, 2022

So, to clarify, I can manually install the AdoptiumOpenJDK (can't see it anywhere on our server to be able to update the environment variables, and from my understanding, the Adoptium is only installed from the bundle IF there is no other JDK, correct me if I'm wrong).  I can then update the path (environment) variables, turn off or uninstall the Oracle Java services and then start my Confluence and Bitbucket services and all should be good?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2022

Yes, that's correct.

Thiago Masutti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2022

Just sharing some Confluence documents about what Nic mentioned.
Similar concept applies to Bitbucket.

Installing Java for Confluence 

Change the Java vendor or version Confluence uses

Kind regards,
Thiago Masutti

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events