Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move a file to another page with pageid

Yvonne Flesch November 17, 2017

Hi,

I hope you can help me with my problem: I want to move a file from one page to another one. But this page has a special sign in its name, so i can't use the name. I have only a pageid but no clue what to do with it.

None of my ideas worked yet. Which way ist the right one zu insert the pageid and move my attachment?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2017

I was not able to use a pageID as a destination page while moving an attachment using the attachment properties, either.

What did work for me, was to literally paste the friendly title from the page. When the page was in a different space I used the space key and a colon in front of the page title and that worked as well.

KEY:attachment destination page title with special characters

If you still have trouble please let me know what version of Confluence you are using so I can test on your version.

A workaround would be to download the attachment, navigate to the destination page and upload it there.

Yvonne Flesch November 22, 2017

Thank you for your answer.

I tried to copy the page title, but it didn't worked.

Yes at the moment we use this workaround. But I'm not very happy with it.

We use Confluence 5.10.8. The special character is a "&".

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2017

Hi Yvonne,

I just tried on Confluence 5.10.8 and was able to move the attachment using the page title. Here is a screenshot of what I entered:

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 11.33.03 AM.png

Please:

• Let me know the result when you enter the destination page title and choose "Save". Do you see an error message in the browser?
  • Try with multiple browsers just to make sure it's not a browser issue.

Thanks!

Yvonne Flesch November 29, 2017

Hi Ann,

yes I get a error message: The page don't exist.

I tried it once again in our testarea and there copy worked. So I think it is a special problem with the page I tried before.

I can't use another browser, we have only IE11 and not allowed to use another one.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
November 30, 2017

If the message is that the page doesn't exist, perhaps the page is in another space. If you wish to move the attachment to a page in a different space, add the space key before the page name, for example, DOC:My Destination Page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events