Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify quick search

Volker Weinreich August 25, 2017

Hi,

we have integrated the livesearch macro with labels and space parameter in the sidebar (Confluence 5.10.8). And we have disabled the quick serach at the top-right for external users on our confluence instance. Unfortunately the livesearch macro gives different and less suggestions as the quick search even if you drop all parameters. For example if I type "su" in the quick search it starts to list suggestions. The live search macro only starts if I type "such" (german). Here I have to use placeholders like "*" to get a nearly similar result. The quick search works even without operators and placeholders.

Is it possible to integrate the quick search at the sidebar and/or to modify the quick search at the top-rigt with the same parameters?

Thanks

Volker

1 answer

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2022

Hi @Volker Weinreich 

Look at this post, maybe can help you

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-search-syntax-158720.html

Cheers

Volker Weinreich February 1, 2022

Hi @Vero Rivas,

my request is now almost five years old. It is kind of you to give me an answer now. Unfortunately, the answer doesn't help me either. Of course I know the confluence search syntax. But with the "quick search", suggestions are made directly, without me having to use placeholders or similar. That is what I wanted to configure in our search.
In the meantime we use Scroll Viewport and the problem is no longer so urgent.
Best regards
Volker

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events