Modify hosted wiki stylesheet

Andrey Zakharov March 10, 2012

Is it possible to override default CSS styles in hosted confluence? How should I do it?

If possible I would like to change CSS styles on per-space basis.

2 answers

0 votes
Kim Hirschman March 14, 2012

We are also using the hosted version. I want to make the text in the footer smaller but have not managed to do it yet. I'm a wiki markup newby but am also a fast learner!

Thanks.

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2012

Hi Andrey,

Is there something specific you wanted to achieve by overriding the default CSS? Customising the look and feel is very limited in the OnDemand version of Confluence and you are restricted to:

* Adding your own header and footer to the Documentation Theme for a Space
* Changing the colour scheme for a Space
* Adding a custom logo to a Space

All of these are available under Browse -> Space Admin -> Look and Feel in the Space(s) you wish to customise.

Similar options are also available to be configured globally via Browse -> Confluence Admin -> Look and Feel.

For overriding CSS you would normally do this via one or more of the following:

* Adding your own CSS to Browse -> Confluence Admin -> Look and Feel -> Custom HTML
* Installing your own Theme Plugin
* Adding CSS to a page using the {html} macro

Unfortunately none of these options are available with the OnDemand version of Confluence.

If you just want some sort of visual distinction between spaces then you could do this by changing the colour schemes and/or adding a custom logo to each space as outlined above, but complete control over the CSS is only available in the download versions and not with OnDemand.

Hope that's of some help?

Andrew.

Andrey Zakharov March 11, 2012

The ultimate goal is to change appearance of the headers so they are more distinct from each other. I'll try to play with recolouring, but changing size and other text properties would be prefferable.

Andrey Zakharov March 13, 2012

It is not possible to change it through recolouring. Any other suggestions how to make headers more distinct from each other?

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2012

Incredibly ugly, but if you're using the Documentation theme you can select Browse -> Space Admin -> Themes -> Documentation Theme -> Configure and add wiki markup to the header. Something like:

{panel:bgColor=#ff0000}

h1. My Space

{panel}

will give you a big red block just below the breadcrumb navigation in the main body of every page in a Space. As it's configured on a Space by Space basis you could have different blocks for each Space.

If that sort of works, have a look at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/Panel+Macro for the parameters you can tweak to make it look a bit better.

Andrew.

Larry Talley January 31, 2014

Does anyone know if Zen Foundation or RefinedWiki or similar styling tools are likely to ever be available in OnDemand?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events