Missing file "exportDescriptor.properties"

isi September 20, 2018

Hello,

I have exported a backup from a confluence 6.2.1 server and am attempting to import it into another confluence 6.2.1 server, however the process does not work.  Each import results in the following error:

"The zip file did not contain an entry 'exportDescriptor.properties'. It contained: plugin-data/com.atlassian.activeobjects.confluence.spi/activeObjectsBackupRestoreProvider.pdata"

I don't have idea to bring it back please help me.

Thank you,

2 answers

0 votes
Bank Chong September 25, 2018

Hi Team,

This file all i have. I have only 3 file.

- attachments

- plugin-data

- entities.xml

I try to rezip by use 7-zip but it still don't have exportDesciptor.properties.

Capture240.PNG

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2018

Thank you for providing that.

Confluence will always include exportDescriptor.properties when creating a space or site export.

MacOS tends to discard exportDescriptor.properties if you try to zip it using anything other than the Terminal itself. This is what I was letting you know about earlier, and I think it's the exact issue you've run into. Have a look at Restoring a Site for more details under Troubleshooting:

Did you download the export file on a Mac?
If you get an error saying that Confluence can't find the exportDescriptor.properties file, chances are OS X has unzipped the backup for you and sent the original zipped file to the trash. You need to retrieve the original zip file from the trash and then try the import again. 

If you need to zip the files again, instead of using 7-zip you can try to zip it using Terminal. You can see my answer on this thread for an example of how to do it. Note that you will have to be able to retrieve the original exportDescriptor.properties file in order to do this.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2018

Hi there,

Did you unzip and re-zip the file perhaps? This occurs often especially if done from MacOS.

You can have a look here for more information:

If that doesn't help, could you show us what the contents of your zip looks like? 

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events