We are currently using the recently-updated macro to display the recent changes on our dashboard page
I use a macro of the form:
Unfortunately it is not displaying all of the recent changes. Specifically new blog post (from some users and not others) are being omitted. The specific blog posts that are not displayed appear correctly in searches and are visible to so it does not appear to be a permission issue.
I have checked on different users and the content appears to be missing for all users checked so far.
If I create a page with a blog post macro the posts are correctly displayed from those users although the same page with the Recently Updated macro does not display those entries
How would I go about tracking this down?
thanks -- dane
The recently updated macro uses the indexing of confluence and if you are seeing some of these issues, it miht be a problem with the index. Do you see any error regarding the macro or indexes in confluence logs? Are you able to replicate the same issue on a staging instance or the newest version of confluence?
Try to rebuild the indexes from scratch and check if that helps.
I finally got to the bottom of this. It turns out some of our users create blogs in their personal space while some users have created their own page in a space named 'Users' and blog there. It turns out our recently-updated content macro was looking at the 'Users' space but was not include the personal spaces so anyone who blogged there would not show up. The key I was missing was that the different blog posts were in different spaces.
Thanks for your answer though.
Hi my Community friends! For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG