Mirror sections of page

Casey Cain December 6, 2019

I have tried a few different things that I thought would be the answer to my question.  Such as Anchor and Excerpt.  However, I'm either not using them correctly or I just don't know the proper terminology.

I have used the "Page Layout" feature to separate some lists of community members by their voting type in Confluence.  However, I would like to encapsulate these multiple page sections and display them on other pages within the same space.

/Capture Start

example.png

/Capture End

Is there a simple way to do this that I am just missing?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2019

Hello there, @Casey Cain. Good to see a new face around our community. The community can always use extra collaboration!

You are pretty close to how to use the excerpt macro. However, there is one thing that is not accounted for in the plan. A page can only contain one Excerpt Macro.

On the other hand, a page can contain multiple Excerpt Include macros. Each of those pointing to different pages.

As I understand, we need to include the content from Page A as a whole into Page B, C, D, E and many others as desired. I was able to achieve this by using tables inside my Excerpt macro in Page A and then using that table to create a division similar to what you were doing with Layouts.

Here is what I did:

1. Create Page A
  2. Insert the Excerpt Macro
  3. Insert a table inside that macro
  4. Insert the desired number of rows and columns to that table   Anotação 2019-12-09 155815.jpg
  5. Insert content into the table
  6. Publish the page
  7. Go to Page B
  8. Edit it
  9. Insert the Excerpt Include Macro
  10. Type Page A as the origin of excerpt Anotação 2019-12-09 155804.jpg
  11. Publish the page

Here we can check more detail on Tables, the Excerpt macro and the Excerpt Include macro:

I hope this shines some light in your path, Casey! Looking forward to your reply.

Casey Cain December 9, 2019

Thanks!  That worked great.

Like Diego likes this
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2019

Wonderful! Come share with the community in the future, @Casey Cain !

aab39
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 17, 2020

@DiegoI found this information useful... however when editing the Exceprt Include Macro, it gives me the option to "remove surrounding panel". I click on Preview and it shows it the way that I want it. When I save and then publish it is still showing the surrounding panel. Can you help?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events