Migration to local install

Josh Berger September 14, 2015

Hello, 

After reading the following documentation I still have a couple questions:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/migrating-from-confluence-cloud-to-confluence-server-724765578.html

Am I understanding the documentation correctly in that there is no supported path to migrate from a cloud server to an existing installation of confluence? 

Ex: If I wanted to migrate from my cloud 5.9.1 install to an existing 5.8.X install I would have to install a temporary cloud release, wait for 5.9 standalone to be released, upgrade my current 5.8.X install to 5.9 and finally perform an export/import from my cloud release 5.9 to my upgraded standalone 5.9?

Or is there a way to install the latest cloud release and export from it to a 5.8.X standalone?

Does either of the above scenarios change if I just wanted to do a couple space exports rather than a full site backup/restore? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2015

Hi Josh,

We don't have a date of when Confluence 5.9 will be released.
From your two options, I'd recommend the option 2, as you Cloud instance will be always in front of standalone.

We use our Cloud instance, to test a few things before we release the standalone version for the public.

Cheers,
WZ

1 vote
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2015

That's correct, you will have to install a temporary cloud release to be able to import your Cloud content. You won't be able to import in an existing 5.8 install. Our Cloud system will always be in front of the public releases.

Once we release the 5.9 you'll be able to migrate to the standalone version.

No, even with space export, the Confluence's version will need to match, otherwise we won't be able to import it.

Cheers,
WZ

Josh Berger September 15, 2015

Any idea when 5.9 will be released? Also any thoughts on what to do in the meantime? From what I can tell I only have 2 options: 1) Wait for 5.9 to be released, upgrade my standalone server and then proceed with original documentation linked above (all while hoping my cloud instance does not get upgraded prior to all this) or 2) Export my cloud instance to a temporary cloud release server and then wait for 5.9 to be released before doing an export/import (This however means that once I do the import all the content will be stale unless I am maintaining multiple sites) Thoughts?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events