Migration from Windows to Linux supported?

Thomas Reinhardt February 7, 2019

I want to move my locally hosted JIRA and Confluence installations from Windows to Linux. Is this supported and/or what are the pitfalls? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks for your help!

PS: I will upgrade to the latest versions before migration. Versions on Windows and Linux will match of course.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2019

Hey Thomas

This is totally doable! All you need to do additionally is editing some files.

Check out https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/migrating-confluence-between-servers-184150.html for how to migrate Confluence and look what to do etxtra in If your new server has a different operating system...

Cheers
Nick

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2019
Thomas Reinhardt February 11, 2019

Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks a lot!

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2019

I can't speak to Jira, but for Confluence, I would take the dumb approach -  do a full site backup of your Windows server, the restore that file to your Linux server. Relatively quick and easy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events