• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Migration between two Confluence Cloud instances

Hi,

I want to migrate some pages from one free Confluence Cloud instance A to another Cloud instance B. I couldn't find any add-on or instructions to achieve that.

So I tried to copy for each needed page of A all content in edit mode to paste it in a new page of B. Unfortunately there is a problem with all images. They get not copied and pasted correctly. I always get grey boxes in the target instance and problem with loading resource.

So my two questions are:

• Is there any add-on to migrate between two cloud instances?
  • Is there any fix for copying images?

Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you.

Kind regards

1 answer

0 votes
Fadoua Community Leader Dec 29, 2020

@Sébastien Anselment 

Since both instances are Cloud, it should be very easy. You will need to import Space by Space

Here is a link on how to achieve it:

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/import-a-confluence-cloud-space/

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Fadoua

Hi Fadoua,

ok perfect. With this information I can now export a whole space and import it in another in a cloud instance as I want.

What about the 2nd point, that copy & paste doesn't work in my browsers like Firefox, Safari and Chrome? I copy the image in one page and paste it in another and get "Failed to load". Any idea?

Thx.

failedtoload.png

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua Community Leader Dec 29, 2020

Oops I forgot to send you my question.

The image failed to load which is not a problem .

Do you mean attachments? Are they the ones you are having trouble with?

Fadoua Community Leader Dec 30, 2020

@Sébastien Anselment 

In my opinion the following article describes the migration in every detail:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence-cloud-migration-assistant-973486571.html

I have one page P1 in Cloud instance C1 with text and several images in-between the text and as attachments.

Now I copy P1 in C1 to a new Page P2 in Cloud instance C2 and I get this "failed to load" dialog.

Maybe one explanation for this matter: Does copy & paste only work in the same instance because the relation to the file attachment exists only here and not in the separate cloud instance? It would be certainly great if not only text would be "pasteable" across different cloud instances. But ok, this would be a good explanation for my "problem".

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Announcing Team Calendars in Confluence Data Center

Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond.  A long time favorite,  Team Cale...

59 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you