Migration between two Confluence Cloud instances

Sébastien Anselment December 29, 2020

Hi,

I want to migrate some pages from one free Confluence Cloud instance A to another Cloud instance B. I couldn't find any add-on or instructions to achieve that.

So I tried to copy for each needed page of A all content in edit mode to paste it in a new page of B. Unfortunately there is a problem with all images. They get not copied and pasted correctly. I always get grey boxes in the target instance and problem with loading resource.

So my two questions are:

• Is there any add-on to migrate between two cloud instances?
  • Is there any fix for copying images?

Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you.

Kind regards

1 answer

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2020

@Sébastien Anselment 

Since both instances are Cloud, it should be very easy. You will need to import Space by Space

Here is a link on how to achieve it:

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/import-a-confluence-cloud-space/

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Fadoua

Sébastien Anselment December 29, 2020

Hi Fadoua,

ok perfect. With this information I can now export a whole space and import it in another in a cloud instance as I want.

What about the 2nd point, that copy & paste doesn't work in my browsers like Firefox, Safari and Chrome? I copy the image in one page and paste it in another and get "Failed to load". Any idea?

Thx.

failedtoload.png

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2020

Oops I forgot to send you my question.

The image failed to load which is not a problem .

Do you mean attachments? Are they the ones you are having trouble with?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2020

@Sébastien Anselment 

In my opinion the following article describes the migration in every detail:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence-cloud-migration-assistant-973486571.html

Sébastien Anselment December 30, 2020

I have one page P1 in Cloud instance C1 with text and several images in-between the text and as attachments.

Now I copy P1 in C1 to a new Page P2 in Cloud instance C2 and I get this "failed to load" dialog.

Maybe one explanation for this matter: Does copy & paste only work in the same instance because the relation to the file attachment exists only here and not in the separate cloud instance? It would be certainly great if not only text would be "pasteable" across different cloud instances. But ok, this would be a good explanation for my "problem".

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events