Migrating spaces between confluence instances

Hi All

Iam trying to migrate a few spaces from one confluence instance to another. And i am going to do it via xml export and xml import for spaces.

My question to you is, will the xml export contain all the attachments, contents, videos etc? or will i need to copy some folders manually from the physical server as well (something similar we do in JIRA project import for attachments folder)

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

Yes. It contains everything including attachments. No need to manually move them.

Thanks Jobin , just wanted to confirm. 

Hi @Rahul Aich [Nagra],

All you have to do is select Full XML Export instead of custom as shown below are screenshots for reference.

You need to have export Space permission or you should be a confluence administrator.

Step 1 :

export-xml-1.PNG

Step 2:

export-xml-2.PNG

Hope this helps

Regards

Chander

thanks Chander, it confirms my understanding.

Uh, the text in your screen image, and in my Confluence, says it does not export attachments, blogs or comments:

Full Export (includes pages not visible to you) 

Generates a XML file for each page in this space, including those not visible to you, and excluding blogs, comments, and attachments.

You're wrigth Peter! The UI still have this notice (on my 5.10 server version) but is is wrong. I expect it is fixed in some later versions.

Just another voice agreeing that the UI is incorrect.  It has been partially fixed; my version only says that blogs are excluded, but I have exported many a space, and nothing is excluded.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

299 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you