It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Migrating from confluence server version 5.8 to confluence cloud Edited

Hi ,

How should i migrate data from confluence server running in older version 5.8 to confluence cloud, I tried to upgrade 5.8 to later version unfortunately it was not successful I export ed spaces in xml files from confluence in server and imported in confluence cloud i got this messaage " We can't import your file because it's from an old server version. Please upgrade to Confluence server 5.10 or later, and then use the Cloud Migration Assistant for Confluence to migrate your spaces."

Confluence offer  Cloud Migration Assistant for Confluence but unfortunately it only works on version 5.10 to 6.12.

thanks,

John 

2 answers

0 votes

You need to do what the error says you should.  Upgrade the 5.8 to 5.10 or above, and then do the export

0 votes
Daniel_Eads Atlassian Team Aug 19, 2019

Hey John, welcome to the Community!

We can help you troubleshoot an upgrade to 5.10 - no need to go all the way up to the most recent version of Confluence since you're planning to do a Cloud migration.

Was there a particular error you ran across when attempting the upgrade already?

What operating system are you using? We have some generic upgrade guides but we can drill this down for you based on the operating system you're using.

Thanks,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

227 views 3 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you