Migrating from confluence server version 5.8 to confluence cloud

John Richard August 19, 2019

Hi ,

How should i migrate data from confluence server running in older version 5.8 to confluence cloud, I tried to upgrade 5.8 to later version unfortunately it was not successful I export ed spaces in xml files from confluence in server and imported in confluence cloud i got this messaage " We can't import your file because it's from an old server version. Please upgrade to Confluence server 5.10 or later, and then use the Cloud Migration Assistant for Confluence to migrate your spaces."

Confluence offer  Cloud Migration Assistant for Confluence but unfortunately it only works on version 5.10 to 6.12.

thanks,

John 

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2019

Hey John, welcome to the Community!

We can help you troubleshoot an upgrade to 5.10 - no need to go all the way up to the most recent version of Confluence since you're planning to do a Cloud migration.

Was there a particular error you ran across when attempting the upgrade already?

What operating system are you using? We have some generic upgrade guides but we can drill this down for you based on the operating system you're using.

Thanks,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2019

You need to do what the error says you should.  Upgrade the 5.8 to 5.10 or above, and then do the export

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events