Migrating documents from mediawiki to confluence

Hi,

We have heaps of documents in MediaWiki, and we want to copy everything across to confluence.

Is there any tool that can convert MediaWiki mark-up to confluence mark-up ?

Regards,

Silwal

4 answers

1 accepted

Hi,

try the Universal Wiki Converter as it support MediaWiki.

Cheers,
Christian

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/UWC/UWC+Mediawiki+Notes

UWC is unsupported and does not work for Confluence 5.x +

What are the *current* options for migrating from a mediawiki installation to Confluence?

Any ideas? I have the same problem, I need to convert my mediawiki to confluence and include links & images and attachments

UWC may be unsupported but it generally does work for Confluence 5.x -- please be more specific.

Hey Sergey, I finally got it to compile and run and my MediaWiki-Connection works. But as soon as I start exporting it throws an error: 2015-07-06 14:20:19,717 ERROR [Thread-9] - Error while: Executing statement: select page_id, page_namespace, page_title, page_latest from mywiki_page where page_namespace>=100 or page_namespace=0 or page_namespace=2; 2015-07-06 14:20:19,717 ERROR [Thread-9] - java.lang.NullPointerException at com.atlassian.uwc.exporters.MediaWikiExporter.getMediaWikiPages(MediaWikiExporter.java:405) at com.atlassian.uwc.exporters.MediaWikiExporter.exportMediawiki(MediaWikiExporter.java:238) at com.atlassian.uwc.exporters.MediaWikiExporter.export(MediaWikiExporter.java:159) at com.atlassian.uwc.ui.listeners.ExportWikiListener.exportWiki(ExportWikiListener.java:205) at com.atlassian.uwc.ui.listeners.ExportWikiListener$Worker.construct(ExportWikiListener.java:325) at com.atlassian.uwc.ui.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:110) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I found my solution: I had to set the Database-Prefix to myDatabaseName.myprefix_ in order for the SQL statement to run. It returned a Nullpointer exception because it wasnt operating on the real database

Hey,

can anyone help me to convert http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Periodic_table to Confluence?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence

Think you know shares vs. @mentions in Confluence? Take this collab quiz.

To anyone who doubts that Atlassians are a little too obsessed with collaboration, and tools related thereto, let me describe a recent discussion we had (which took place on our internal Confluence, ...

116 views 2 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you