Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Migrating Confluence from Cloud to Data Center

Hello,

We are planing on migrating Confluence from Cloud to Data Center. Could someone please suggest, Implications of restricted pages within page trees and best path to migration?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Apr 01, 2021

@LAXMI ABHINAV REDDY ARAE 

Page restrictions will migrate as well as users and groups.  So if the user accounts stay the same the restrictions will be enforced.  If you have to recreate accounts you will have to add the new user accounts to the groups / page restrictions.  I would suggest performing the migration, validating out the site and ensuring that the restrictions and accounts are working as desired.  If not you may be able to tweak something on the migration to get the desired outcome and do it again.  The last time we did a migration we did it three different times before actually migrating.  It was nice to have time to validate and ensure that everything is working as desired before moving forward.  I would suggest doing the same migrate, validate over several days and then if everything is good plan a time to do the actual migration.  Here is some additional information.  https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/migrate-from-confluence-cloud-to-server/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,381 views 7 29
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you